Hi, I’m Scarlet and, together with my fellow writers, John and Janis, are creating Patterns Patch Blog. We’re an inspiring, friendly and upbeat website where you can explore the wonderful world of cross stitch. You will also learn new stitching techniques from both your fellow members and ourselves.
Who is Patterns Patch Blog For?
We see your Patterns Patch site as very much a magazine style website concentrating on all aspects of cross stitch. So, in the main there should be something of interest for all stitchers. This is especially true if you seek to improve your stitching knowledge. We want all our visitors and members to find tons of interesting stuff to read and enjoy.
A Work In Progress
For the foreseeable future we’ll be a Work-In-Progress (WIP). So you’ll be able to see changes most days – and generally on this page first. You’ll occasionally come across a page only half finished. A real WIP that we’re still researching.
We’ve started by creating three pillars: Blog, Techniques, and Products. With each further subdivided into three categories, as follows:
- Cross Stitching News: We live in the “15 minutes of fame” age (although it often now seems more like five minutes). We regularly scan the various media sources and bring you articles when we see something that you might find interesting.
- Stitchers Thoughts: Active stitchers dwell a lot on their own stitching and here we’ll share some of our personal thoughts. This is often in response to our experiences or questions we’ve received or seen in cross-stitch forums.
- Cross Stitch Patterns: All stitchers know that ‘patterns’ are the life blood of our noble craft. We don’t know of any cross stitcher who doesn’t relish the challenge of finding that next great, exciting pattern they cannot wait to start stitching. We include a variety of ideas and challenges to get you thinking.
What We Shall Write about
On our Patterns Patch blog, we share with you insider information, unusual facts, and shortcuts to better stitching. We also include a series of topical themes, returning to them regularly, so you will always have a favorite topic to look forward to. These include:
- Cross Stitch From Around the World. You can learn about different cultures all over the world by following our theme that will visit wide ranging cultures worldwide.
- Time to Cross Stitch. I shall remind you of important dates and celebrations worldwide throughout the year. What better way to celebrate than to cross stitch a design of your favorite celebratory day…
- Creative You. This series examines creativity. How to be creative, or harness your creative skills to make beautiful cross stitch projects. I used to think that I was uncreative. Now I know that with a bit of encouragement, we all can surprise ourselves with our achievements. I’ll share some secrets of creativity, and you can add some of your ideas too.
- Cross Stitch is Good for You. This theme explains how cross stitch can help you through difficult times, improve self esteem, help you to relax, convalesce, overcome any bad habits and make new friends…
- Cross Stitch Dimensions… Have you explored a new design theme recently? Fantasy, Myths and Magic, Astrology, Celtic Art, Samplers, Quick-Stitch, Cross Stitch Gifts. We’ll be visiting those projects, and many more…
Among these Patterns Patch blog articles, there will be news, reviews and some surprise entries that we will generate in response to your suggestions and comments.
I hope you will find this to be an uplifting community where we all have stitching fun together.
Scarlet, In the UK